Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Smart Touch 520
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I Have a Touch Smart 520  

1.  when i power it up it goes straight to  the HP Splash Screen with  press esc  to  enter setup

2. USB  keyboard  doesnt light up  IE  Num Lock Caps Lock when i connect it to any of the USB ports

3. Cannot acess the touch screen Keyboard

4. i did  notice that i had  two jumpers in the cmos  pins  so i removed extra ones and also  tried clearing cmos  still sme problem ?????

Any  Fixes Be  Good

Wullie

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @sonyboy67,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand your computer is stuck on the HP Logo, Don't worry, though, as I have a few steps that should help,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the PC?

Was there any update/reset interrupted recently?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the PC and then use an external keyboard and check if the PC boots into the Bios using F10.

Please follow the steps suggested in the guided troubleshooter for No Power or No Boot Troubleshooter - Click here

If the issue persists, I would suggest you turn off the PC and then open the panel and remove the cable from the back of the hard drive and turn on the PC and check if it boots into the Bios using F10.

If the PC boots into the Bios with the hard drive disconnected, this clearly indicates an issue with the hard drive. In this scenario, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service options.

For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 7) - Click here

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thankyou  for your quick response    but  did you  understand  that " I CANNOT GET THE USB OR WIRESLESS KEYBOARD TO WORK !!!!!!" sorry  for  shouting  but  i need to get this part clear !!!!!

If The USB keyboard  is not reconized by the 520   how do i get F10 to Work ???????  or any other functions to work !!!!!

and answer to your other  questions    no,no  and  not sure sorry

HP Recommended

Hi @sonyboy67,

Thank you for replying,

I just wanted to check if you have tried with a different USB keyboard and if you have followed the steps suggested in the previous post "

I would suggest you turn off the PC and then open the panel and remove the cable from the back of the hard drive and turn on the PC and check if it boots into the Bios using F10.

If the PC boots into the Bios with the hard drive disconnected, this clearly indicates an issue with the hard drive. In this scenario, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service options". Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number. Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If not, please do perform the steps I had suggested as well and get back to me with the results for further assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.