Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I will step through the process and get back to you. Thank you.
HP Recommended

No problem. I will await your response!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I tried the flashlight test and I can see desktop, my screen was flickering before it went black, I was wondering if the problem is the inverter or bulb and are there any videos to show how to replace either part- Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello 53gerald. What is the exact issue you are having? I found a video that can help you, and provides generic information of HP Touchsmart screen issues. Let me know if this helped, and if not, please respond with more information. I'm only here to help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX6uIlD7z_g

Mario

HP Recommended

Hello Mario, the problem I am having is my TouchSmart 310-1020 has a black screen. I shined a flashlight on the screen  and I could see the desktop, so that leads me to believe the problem is the backlight. Before it went black, there was some flickering. Are there any service manuals online that I can download?  Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello. I have found the link that contains all the manuals on this printer: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/manualCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&document=&product=4350646

Based on what you have described to me, the issue appears to be with the back light. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Mario

HP Recommended

Hey Gerald,

Sorry - we don't publish service manuals for replacing those components. The only option for you is service, either via HP Service center (contact support) or an Authorized service provider, someone who has been trained by HP to service those units.

If you are able to see the image with a flashlight, the back light panel is out. And that is not a customer servicable part.

sorry.

bill

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thank you, can you direct me to service in 34746 area?

HP Recommended

Hello. In order to get service for this issue, you will need to contact HP at 1-800-474-6836. The options they provide will depend on your warranty status, and if you unsure of your warranty status, you can check here: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/wc/home?ac.admitted=1380906776940.876444892.492883...

Mario

HP Recommended
What if u get the flashing HP screen. Hear the start up. Just no screen. I placed a light there... Nothing power light is steady
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.