Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 510

Old computer crashed,. List everything. Using U-verse , uses for e-mail Att and Yahoo,. Hate them. Had Outlook before and love itm, but don't want to pay twice.  Can I use it again on my HP and use my same e-mail addrtess?  Am an elderly user, so talk plain.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Well, I did some checking and found this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-com/?cb=v8ho

According to that page Outlook is free.  I did not dig any deeper but feel free to check it out.  I did see that they will help you transfer from GMail or Yahoo to Outlook.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

@TheOldMan wrote:

Well, I did some checking and found this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-com/?cb=v8ho

According to that page Outlook is free.  I did not dig any deeper but feel free to check it out.  I did see that they will help you transfer from GMail or Yahoo to Outlook.

I did what you said,m signed on and whenb I got to the point about ad blocker they wanted me to pay. When I retreated I lost everything. Don't klnow how to get my account back.  I am stumped.

HP Recommended

Well since the post submitted by you, I went ahead and tried what you posted.  I did not encounter a place where they asked to be paid.  I suggest that you sign back in and look again and the take a screenshot to show just what you are seeing.  If you signed up and signed in, the things should still be there and then be retrieved.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

> Had Outlook before and love it, but don't want to pay twice.  Can I use it again on my HP ?

Outlook is part of Microsoft Office.

If you had purchased and installed an older version of Microsoft Office, e.g., Office 2003 or 2007 or 2010, you installed programs (including Word and Excel and Outlook) that ran on your computer.  Once you purchased a copy, i.e., paying a one-time fee, you are entitled to "move" that software from the "dead" computer to your "replacement" computer.

If you had Office 365 or Office 2013 or Office 2016, you probably are paying, once per year, to "lease" the software.

Still, if you keep paying the annual fees, you remain entitled to use the software, on the "replacement" computer.

So far, you don't have to "pay twice".

But, if you have neither the Office 2003/2007/2010 CD-ROM, nor have the 25-character license-key to "activate" that software, you have "lost" the right to use that software, until you start to pay the annual fee for the current version.

If you still have the license-key, you can download the matching software, and reinstall Microsoft Office.

> Can I use my same e-mail address? 

Yes.

Note that the "free" version of Outlook, as recommended by the Other Person,  is conceptually similar to using Yahoo Mail, or Google Mail, or Hotmail, in that you connect to a web-site, and manipulate your messages, while those messages continue to be "stored" on that web-site, instead of being stored on your computer.

HP Recommended

> when I got to the point about ad blocker they wanted me to pay.

This is *NOT* normal.  It suggests that your computer has some "unwanted" programs -- not quite as bad as having a "computer virus", but still not good.

> When I retreated I lost everything. Don't know how to get my account back.  I am stumped.

Have you talked to the Technical Support department of your local ISP (Internet Service Provider) ?

They can help you pick an E-mail program, and properly configure it, using your "old" E-mail ID.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.