Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Z440
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

i have a HP Z440 Workstation with Windows 10 64-bit installed but i need to install Windows 7 64-bit.

This doesn' t work.

I get in the startup from the W7-boot  but cannot install the correct driver tot do the installation. Which driver do i need for this installation please? I tried every Storage driver there is on the HP-site.

With kind regards,

Danny

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, Danny:

See if the related discussion at the link below is of help to you...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/A-required-CD-DVD-driver-is-mis...

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

the 2 files you mentioned are not compatible with the driver i need.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Danny

HP Recommended

Hi, Danny:

Sorry those drivers didn't work for you.

The only other suggestion I can offer is to try the ones from the Z440 support page. 

I have zipped them up and attached them below.

There is just one driver file on your PC's support page.

Hopefully it is the right one.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

I can see the driver but i can't install the driver. (Hide Drivers that are not compatible is active)

===> NO DRIVES WERE FOUND

Is there something special i need to change in the bios?

With kind regards,

Danny

HP Recommended

Hi, Danny:

Unfortunately, I don't know what you need do do about that problem.

One of those drivers should have worked with the BIOS set to its defaults.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.