Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have spent >4 hours on the phone with HP's non-existent "tech support", attempting to resolve an issue with a monitor we just purchased.  The 27" HP 2709m monitor is SUPPOSED to be VESA compliant for installing it on a monitor arm.  SUPPOSEDLY, when we remove the plastic back cover, we should find the typical 4-hole square pattern of machine tapped holes, spaced 100mm apart, into which 4 screws are placed to hold a VESA bracket.  UNFORTUNATELY, this is NOT the case.  When you remove the cover, all you find is a series of slots into which the tabs of the plastic cover go.  There ARE NO mounting holes for securing a bracket.   No matter HOW many times I speak to tech support overseas, I cannot get them to understand/accept that the documentation they have provided me and they continue to reference is WRONG.  All I need is for an engineer to contact me, so we can determine what hardware IS necessary in order to mount the monitor on either an arm, or directly on the wall.  Has ANYONE dealt with mounting the 2709 on an arm or directly on the wall?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

for anyone who is having issues with mounting this monitor.  I dont know if HP changed the documentation, but it at least now states that this monitor uses a 100 mm x 200 mm vesa mount.  This is not the standard mount found on smaller monitors, but a wider mount ment to hold the larger widescreen monitors.

This is a mount for mounting the monitor directly to the wall found at amazon.adfasdf http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Monitor-Panel-200x100-100x100mm/dp/B000ODCSWG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid...

adapter plate 100x200 - 75x75 - http://www.amazon.com/LCD-ADAPTER-PLATE-100MM-200MM/dp/B002YKMJHQ

adapter plate 100x200 - 100 x 100 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/DoubleSight-DS-VS200/15779565?ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=15779565&sourceid=150...

These would also be pretty easy to make, if you had the time and ability to do so with a metal plate, a drill, some stand off's, and a couple bolts. (this is the option that I am going to use)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Dan, you are absolutely correct.  There are instructions in this guide titled 'Setting Up Your Monitor' on how to do it.  The section that you want is titled 'Mounting the monitor on the wall'.  It appears that you have to remove four screws to allow for the bracket.  I hope that this will help you.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

So the ONLY way to mount the monitor is to use the four holes that were originally used to attach the base?  Is that correct?  And if so, will it require a custom plate to fit that hole pattern?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the 2709m, almost.  The guide you mention (same as the one I got with the monitor) shows a 2309m monitor, and the "wall mounting" section indicates that if you remove the plastic panel in the center back of the monitor, you will reveal 4 mounting holes (which look like the standard square pattern in the guide).

However, when I pop off the plastic back panel on my new 2709m (the plastic panel is rectangular, not square), what I see are 6 black screws, which can be removed to reveal 6 silver mounting holes, in a pattern that looks like this:

O                  O                   O

O                  O                   O

where the center 2 holes are vertically aligned with the center of the monitor.

The 4 holes on the left (or 4 on the right) are the standard square pattern, so I did try to attach the monitor to the arm using the right-hand 4 holes.  But it is off-centered and unbalanced, and my articulated arm just lets the monitor droop to one side.

It seems to me what is needed is some sort of adapter bracket, that converts the 6 holes on the back of the monitor to a 4-hole standard pattern that is centered on the back of the monitor.

Right now I have the monitor precariously balanced on a half-dozen books, and it is still way too low for where I need it to be.   Any help getting this mounted on a standard arm would be appreciated!

Thanks,

HP Recommended

i have the same issue w/ a 2509m monitor.  were you able to resolve it?  There are 4 more screws after i took off the plastic cover -  I took out the 4 screws but they are so small i can't believe they are good for the wall mount (not enough support).  Any help?  thanks

HP Recommended

Rick, HP help was completely USELESS.  If I had not hung up, I'd probably STILL be sitting here trying to convince them that the physical monitor does NOT look anything at all like the drawing on ANY OF THE 6 different copies of documents they sent me via email. 

We finally gave up and had a plate custom made by our machine shop to fit to the rear of the monitor, using the SIX screws currently in the monitor.  We had them drill and tap 4 holes in a standard 100mm VESA pattern.  If you send me an email address, I'll email you a copy of the drawing we used, to save you some time.  My email is {Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended
Thanks for starting this thread. So does HP have an adapter for this?
HP Recommended

I am the CFO and COO for an agency with a staff of 80 and was considering purchasing additional monitors; however, I too am having the same problems stated above. I have purchased 16 of the HP2710M units and can't seem to mount them as indicated in the HP documentation. HP needs to weigh in on this and help the consumer.

HP Recommended

for anyone who is having issues with mounting this monitor.  I dont know if HP changed the documentation, but it at least now states that this monitor uses a 100 mm x 200 mm vesa mount.  This is not the standard mount found on smaller monitors, but a wider mount ment to hold the larger widescreen monitors.

This is a mount for mounting the monitor directly to the wall found at amazon.adfasdf http://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Monitor-Panel-200x100-100x100mm/dp/B000ODCSWG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid...

adapter plate 100x200 - 75x75 - http://www.amazon.com/LCD-ADAPTER-PLATE-100MM-200MM/dp/B002YKMJHQ

adapter plate 100x200 - 100 x 100 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/DoubleSight-DS-VS200/15779565?ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=15779565&sourceid=150...

These would also be pretty easy to make, if you had the time and ability to do so with a metal plate, a drill, some stand off's, and a couple bolts. (this is the option that I am going to use)

HP Recommended

Thank you slaterjon. This information is very helpful and I have purchased the part.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.