Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6395a Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion p6395a desktop with MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E) motherboard in a Mid size ATX case. I want to upgrade from ASUS HD 6670, with an ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB and a Be Quiet Pure Power 9 500W CM PSU.  

Firstly, my supplier has advised me to check if the graphics card is compatible with my HP Pavilion I5 hardware and software/BIOS, are there any known issues?

Secondly are there any proprietary power cable issues if I upgrade from HIPRO HP-D3057F3H 300W to a Be Quiet Pure Power 9 500W CM PSU.

Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The subject of upgrading the graphics card on HP OEM's is a common question.  Here is a compatibility site for the motherboard in question.  MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E)

http://www.pc-specs.com/mobo/HP/HP_MS-7613_(Iona-GL8E)/3414/Compatible_GPUs

Since that card is not listed, I would be cautious about trying.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I think NO.  You need UEFI bios for GTX 1060. 

HP Recommended

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction to find compatible hardware for my system.  I think my best option for a new graphics card is a Radeon RX460 Saphire Nitro 4G D5, unless anyone has any better options.  I don't need a top level graphics card but I do need someting with a good frame rate that can feed an LG 29UC88-B 29" Widescreen LED monitor.  Thanks for your help 'TheOldMan and Jazz77'

HP Recommended

@Biggles45

I have my doubts that the AMD RX460 Saphire Nitro 4G D5 will work in your PC.  The specs at the manufacturer's site indicates UEFI BIOS and your PC doesn't have the correct BIOS level.

You will need a legacy graphics card that will meet your desired from rates yet still work with the existing power supply. Most if not all of the legacy graphics cards are no longer being manufactured.  If you should upgrade your power supply then a better graphics card might serve your purpose.  You might find something on EBAY.

Know what the return policy is before you buy.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.