Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 400 G2.5
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to have a dual monitors on the HP ProDesk 400 G2.5 using both the VGA and DisplayPort at the same time. Will this allow me to extend the display to both monitors? If not, what will I need to purchase to gain this capability?

Thanks,

John

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The VGA port and Display Port perform the same function just in different ways.  VGA is analog and Display Port is digital.  Unfortunately, it's not going to work the way you think.  You will be looking at the same information on two different monitors without the ability to drag and drop from one to the other.  In order to have a true dual monitor experience, you would need to purchase an inexpensive video card like the VisionTek Radeon PCI card which is specifically designed for this functionality.  This is due to the fact that the dual monitor ability has to be configured via the software that comes with the stand alone card.

I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

What is your source for this information kitzbutz?

This is just the display capability built into the Core i processor. Afaik that supports 3 displays, and you can just use Windows' native Windows + P to choose to extend/duplicate screens. That's how it works in most PCs and laptops with "onboard" video.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.