Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
a6700f Pavilion Desktop
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have purchased a used ATI Radeon HD B276 Card and installed it into my a6700f desktop.  The card is not recognized.  

I had some issues seating the card initially.  I thought it was down, started the system, and it shut right down.    I had to remove the backet, install the bracket then seat the card and re-attach it to the bracket.  

I modified the BIOS to use PCI-E as the default.  I disabled the onboard video drivers.  

I have looked through forums and I am at a loss.

Any suggestions?  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi twl1066

Have you verified this used graphics card is not faulty before installing in your motherboard?

The specs on the card seem to match the motherboard specs. The used card may be dead.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.