Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Presario S5000NX
Microsoft Windows XP

I need a download link to WINXP Service Pack 3.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Computer Surgeons has the Recovery Kit for a small fee.  It is only WinXP SP1, however.  As far as I know, HP does not provide any downloads for any Windows OS's, so you are at the user's discretion on where to get old OS's.  WinXP also has some different variations for the supposedly same version as OEM is different from retail.  I would assume most of the downloads you actually find will be retail.

I used to have a Compaq reinstall WinXP and it was only the OS and installed fine as a OEM reinstall but do not remember what SP were included.  IMHO. You might be better off getting an old disk from EBay if you really want WinXP SP3

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi, @BruceGiese :

If you just need the SP3 file (not the entire XP operating system), you can download it from the link below...

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/microsoft_windows_xp_service_pack_3.html

Select the Download@Author's Site link, and that will take you directly to the Microsoft download server.

HP Recommended

Actually did not read it as @Paul_Tikkanen did.  If his interpretation of the request is correct, then his comment is good.  And much easier.  lol

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.