Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OMEN HP Desktop PC - 870-269
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought a 

OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-269na  

and the VGA..i have wont fit to connect the monitor to the computor...can anyone advise me on what i need to get ,to connect the monitor....p l e a s e ..!!!!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Betty101

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Your machine has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3 GB) which has following ports at the back to monitors

Rear I/O connectors: Dual Link DVI-D + HDMI + 3 DisplayPort

Source:  https://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/c05367065

Other ports from Integrated graphics won't work. What is your monitor ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply..That is the correct machine .Do you know what the connecting point on the rear,is called [if it is not VGA]?  i understand that the monitor is a VGA connection ,so that isint the problem its the connection from the stack to the monitor.The monitor is a DEll .  Thanks 

HP Recommended

Hi,

As mentioned above, it has

Rear I/O connectors: Dual Link DVI-D + HDMI + 3 DisplayPort

That why I did ask what is your monitor, what is the model of your Dell ? Does it have one of the above ports ?

All above ports use digital signals and your Dell (must be very old) may only has VGA port which uses VGA which is analog signals. In this case a DVI to VGA adapter may help and you also need a VGA cable (it's normally light blue).

DVI-I to VGA Adaptor ADA-DVI-DVIIVGA

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi the monitor has the date 2011 written on the back of it,and it has both ports .The one i was using till the other day was the VGA.with my original computer.But i have bought this new one and cant seem to get it sorted out .Can i ask is there different sizes in the DVI-IM connectors ? [  

OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-269na 

Is the model 

Regards 

HP Recommended

Hi,

You still have not said what is your Dell monitor (I've got 4 Dell monitors in front of me right now, my monitors all have HDMI port) therefore I can't tell you other option(s) if available otherwise you can use option DVI to VGA adapter ad mentioned above.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Could the nuber be SX22106..its hard to see it .

Regards

HP Recommended

@Betty101 wrote:

Hi, 

Could the nuber be SX22106..its hard to see it .

Hi,

Sorry this won't help, does that hard to read a label at its back close to its stand . I can't tell you anything more because I don't know your monitor. Please buy a DVI to VGA adapter as mentioned above. I actually have more than a dozen of them in a box and all of them worked before I pulled them out.

Regards.

BH

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.