cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Betty101
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

What connector do i need to connect Gaming Desktop to Monitor,as VGA doesnt fit

HP Recommended
OMEN HP Desktop PC - 870-269
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought a 

OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-269na  

and the VGA..i have wont fit to connect the monitor to the computor...can anyone advise me on what i need to get ,to connect the monitor....p l e a s e ..!!!!

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,484 90,361 11,617 24,909
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Betty101

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Your machine has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3 GB) which has following ports at the back to monitors

Rear I/O connectors: Dual Link DVI-D + HDMI + 3 DisplayPort

Source:  https://support.hp.com/lv-en/document/c05367065

Other ports from Integrated graphics won't work. What is your monitor ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Betty101
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply..That is the correct machine .Do you know what the connecting point on the rear,is called [if it is not VGA]?  i understand that the monitor is a VGA connection ,so that isint the problem its the connection from the stack to the monitor.The monitor is a DEll .  Thanks 

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

As mentioned above, it has

Rear I/O connectors: Dual Link DVI-D + HDMI + 3 DisplayPort

That why I did ask what is your monitor, what is the model of your Dell ? Does it have one of the above ports ?

All above ports use digital signals and your Dell (must be very old) may only has VGA port which uses VGA which is analog signals. In this case a DVI to VGA adapter may help and you also need a VGA cable (it's normally light blue).

DVI-I to VGA Adaptor ADA-DVI-DVIIVGA

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Betty101
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi the monitor has the date 2011 written on the back of it,and it has both ports .The one i was using till the other day was the VGA.with my original computer.But i have bought this new one and cant seem to get it sorted out .Can i ask is there different sizes in the DVI-IM connectors ? [  

OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-269na 

Is the model 

Regards 

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You still have not said what is your Dell monitor (I've got 4 Dell monitors in front of me right now, my monitors all have HDMI port) therefore I can't tell you other option(s) if available otherwise you can use option DVI to VGA adapter ad mentioned above.

Regards.

BH

0 Kudos
Betty101
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Could the nuber be SX22106..its hard to see it .

Regards

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Betty101 wrote:

Hi, 

Could the nuber be SX22106..its hard to see it .

Hi,

Sorry this won't help, does that hard to read a label at its back close to its stand . I can't tell you anything more because I don't know your monitor. Please buy a DVI to VGA adapter as mentioned above. I actually have more than a dozen of them in a box and all of them worked before I pulled them out.

Regards.

BH

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation