Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yeah, sometimes it did sound quiet. It was louder at morning and at night when my room is tranquil. I'm probably just very noise sensitive. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

HP Recommended

It's still noisy.

I wonder if there's not enough room to get rid of the hot air? Could that make it loud?

HP Recommended

Open the PC up and see if more air helps make it quite.  However, with the side off you might hear even more noise.

See if you can get a DB sound meter and test your PC for a sound.  Then test other PCs and compare.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

I had in an earlier post - given some suggestions to identify which component could be causing the noise - I suggest you review the email - and check to see just which one is contributing to your concern.

-dm (an HP employee, but the comments/suggestions here are my own, not my employer's)

-DM (HP Retiree)

NOTE: If this helps you or solved your problem - please say thanks by clicking the white kudos star on the left.

If you think this would also help others, please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help them find it easier.
HP Recommended

Well I'm not really sure, to be honest. I sent the computer to HP repair and they reported it as a VGA card fault but it came back fine. I asked them if they test for everything and monitor all noise and they said yes. So I'm guessing the computer is fine. But like I say I have a PS3, PC and TV all in this corner - and my room is small.

The sound is emanating from the top of the PC. Probably the power supply or case fan.

HP Recommended

OMG this is driving me insane.  The computer now sounds louder than it did before I sent it into repair. It sounds like the case fan or whatever fan is at the top of the system.

Just listen to the noise now and compare the two clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRTPxZ7bOMs

HP Recommended

It sounds normal to me. However, you might be having a vibration noise otherwise it sounds normal.  Set the PC on something soft and then try touching around the CD/DVD doors etc to see if it's vibration noise.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

ask the hp technicians to tighten all the screws on your pc.

:generic:

HP Recommended

They have already checked all screws are tight and in place. The noise is definitely coming from the power box/supply/case fan at the top. I don't think it's necessarily very loud or anything out of the ordinary, but bloody annoying! And for the last few days it's been constant from the moment the computer is on. It was quiet Sunday. I wonder if the weather has anything to do with it but the temperatures of the computer are in the 20c and 30c so... only god knows.

HP Recommended

did hp folks tried another power supply and observe if the noise was minimized?  :generic:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.