Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

how do i make spce on my fact

HP Recommended

Who can I free up space on this drive?

HP Recommended

OMG thank you so much, i also am lets say stupid w/ pc lot of problms bad, ok my factory Image drive is almost full you mean i have to copy? its my backup? as i said lot problems i cannot do a back up to my external drive  failed  cannot find sector? i am sick w/ all this afraid to turn pc off may not go on again.. can I drag drop my files to external drive?. thanks so much I will be back so much more i am scared disabled pc is my link to outside.

HP Recommended

Is it normal that my Factory Image D drive is almost completely full? Our newest computer, with so little of the total memory being used, is insanely slow and the lousy computers we have a now faster. Something happened in the last week or two. Could one specific incident haver happpened to do this? We have an active and up to date Norton Anti Virus program.

HP Recommended
Hello JK74,

If the D Drive is filling up this is likely due to the Norton backup. Change where Norton backs up to to another location besides the D drive.

If you go into the D drive you will likely see a Norton 360 file that is taking up a good portion of the drive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
HP Recommended

how do I remove memory from my factory image

HP Recommended

Hello gina22,

What do you mean remove memory? If you are talking about the size of the factory image,it's already at a pretty bare minimum state as is and you don't want to remove any more space from the drive, in fact at that point you'd be better off wiping that part out, but it's hardly something I'd recommend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
HP Recommended
factory image running out what do I do now?
HP Recommended

What happens if the Factory_Image_D:)  becomes full.  Since I am not allowed to clean it out it scares me that I have

Less that half used on my C drive and only 1.6 free out of 10.6 on my D drive. Is there any remedy to this or what??????

Thank you,    Nancy Turbeville

HP Recommended

Hi ntdot,

For the issue of low disk space on the D drive. I have included the document 'Error: Low Disk Space. You are running out of disk space on Recovery (DSmiley Happy (Windows Vista)'. This document will work for both Vista and Windows 7. Please follow through the steps for the best results.

Please let me know if this resolves the message, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.