Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 750 - 435st DESKTOP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just purchase HP ENVY DESKTOP 750-435 st.  My specs:  I7-6700 Processor, 6th Generation, 16 GB DDR4, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, 256 SSD + 2TB HDD storage.   I have a monitor, that I have been using without any issues:  HP Pavillion 25bw.  When I tried to connect the HDMI cable to either HDMI 1, or HDMI 2 port, it would not connect.  The monitor did not receive a signal, and immediately went to Sleep mode.  However, when connecting it to the other HDMI ports, it did.

I am concerned because I want to get the most out of the Graphics card.  Also, the computer came already with a name, which is making me wonder, if this was a return, and the prior person was having the same issue.  This is my third day having this desktop, so I am within the time frame to return it; though I do not want to.  However, I am not a tech savvy person, to be opening computers to fix this issue.

Am I being unreasonable in expecting a very expensive computer to work out of the box?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@GRETHEL

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Your machine has the following ports at its back:

Figure : GeForce 960 ports
  1. DisplayPort: 3
  2. HDMI
  3. DVI-I
and

Figure : Odense2-S back I/O panel
Odense2-S back I/O panel
  1. USB 2.0: 2
  2. LAN (Ethernet)
  3. HDMI
  4. USB 3.0: 2
  5. Audio: Line in
  6. Audio: Line out
  7. Audio: Microphone

Source:  https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c05267115

The first image is for an external card and the second image is for the motherboard which has 2 HDMI ports for the Integrated video. But please note: Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.

Therefore you can't use  2 ports of the Integrated card. But you have plenty of DP ports to connect monitors. If your monitor(s) does/do not have DP ports, you can use DP to HDMI cable(s).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

So I  believe then that I connected it correctly.  I thought that I needed to use what is on figure 2, and connect the HDMI cable on either port that is labeled HDMI 1 or HDMI 2.  It added to confussion because it was labeled, and for a non techie person, it threw me off.

Can you tell me, if the computer was named when I got it, is is safe to presume that it was a returned PC?  As long as it all working, I am ok with it.  It came with a nick already, but is small and I can leave with that.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.