Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23-q120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm operating with W10Pro. My P23 computer is an All in One with built in camera. I want to use Microsoft Hello facial recognition system. When I try to activate message says "not avalible on this unit." Do I need a software upgrde? Microsoft says I have a camera that should work.

Back

Forward

Scroll up

Scroll down

Switch to previous tab

Switch to next tab

Close all tabs except current

Close current tab

Open new tab

Close all tabs

Refresh current tab

Stop loading

Scroll to bottom

Scroll to top

Reopen closed tab

Go to home page

No action
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, @Al114 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for joining the HP Forums! I read your post on Windows Hello issue and I am happy to look into this issue for you!

Going through your post, I understand that your Pavilion did not support the Windows Hello feature. Windows Hello is the latest Microsoft security feature and requires a specific PC hardware environment to support. This is required in order to ensure that the subject is indeed human, and not a photograph.

Windows Hello will work with all existing fingerprint capable devices. We assume that includes those available on laptops, and possibly future Windows phone devices with a fingerprint sensor. Face detection will require an Intel RealSense camera, or a device with an IR sensor that meets the “Microsoft sensor spec”. Unfortunately, your Pavilion only has a regular webcam and hence the feature is not supported.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.