Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-02-2017 02:52 PM
How long does a wireless keyboard charge generally last? The instructions say when the LED blinks, the battery is low, but the LED is pretty well hidden in back, so you dom not see it.
04-02-2017 03:00 PM
Specifications (for similar model) indicate the battery life:
Keyboard layout and functionality may vary by country/region.
- Wireless technology: Two-way 2.4GHz Radio Frequency
- Effective distance: 10 meters (32 feet)
- Batteries: 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Battery life: 6 months (typical)
Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!
Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
04-02-2017 04:01 PM
Well, it was a guess -- there are a LOT of "Envy All in One 27" models, too many to get clean results.
Check if the information is available for your computer:
Enter your exact model (Product Number) >
Open the computer's Homepage > Product information > Specifications
If the manual and / or the information exists, you might find more / useful information in
computer's Homepage > Manuals > Maintenance and Service Manual
In general, rechargable batteries last as long as they last -- useless information to be sure. There are lots of reasons why batteries last a long time or just die too soon. Some of those reasons have to do with the manner in which the device has been used - other reasons include original quality of the batteries.
If you have had the keyboard for a while (one-two years or more)
the keyboard no longer charges
if the keyboard is sealed (so cannot replace the rechargable batteries)
you will have to replace the keyboard
If the computer is still under warranty, you can certainly contact HP and ask for help (replacement / options).
HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts
For USA / Canada
- Create case online: HP Customer Support - USA / Canada - Contact
- Receive Case Number and Contact Information (after the completed form is submitted)
- For faster support, create case online HP Customer Support - UK - Contact
- Contact Phone: 0207 660 0596
OR “everywhere else”
Help to find Product Number:
- Identify my Notebook Model
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model or Printer Number?
- HP Printers, Desktops, Printers, and Devices – Find Product Number
Scams and Unscrupulous Contacts
HP Limited Warranty Statement (General Information)
Optional Coverage Plans:
Enter your product number in the form to view available Warranty plans
Care Pack and Services
- HP Consumer Services (Service Purchase Information)
HP Collection of “how-to” videos
- HP Video Gallery
- Use Categories and the search window to narrow the search
- For example, search for “Scan”
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.