Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Can we configure the Time and Date in the BIOS on a Z440 with ver M60?
If so, where is the option?  Sorry if this is a dumb question.

I'm assuming I cannot find it because it's preconfigured, but I don't even know how to check current configuration.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

EskoBomb, the Z840/Z640/Z440 BIOS has many changes from previous HP Workstations.  The BIOS F10 user interface is different.  I deleted my previous reply, since it applied to previous HP Workstations.  (Sorry, I misread your original post). 

The Z840/Z640/Z440 BIOS does NOT have settings to change the Time and Date.  This generation of workstations does not have this option.  The time and date can be set after bootinging, then changing them in the operating system.

These BIOS settings are not needed anymore. 

I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HP.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you problem was solved. This helps other forum readers.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

** Edit **

My post applied to previous HP Workstations, not the Z840/Z640/Z440, so I deleted the info. 

I am an HP Employee.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you problem was solved. This helps other forum readers.
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying Dan!
So I have seen this setting in EliteBook and Folio Model Laptops with a similar GUI.

I just can't seem to locate it Under Main (File in some models) or under the advanced tab.

This is my first time I've seen the Z440 workstation but didn't expect it to be too much different.

Below are the Options on the Main and Advanced tabs. 

Main Options:
System Information

System Diagnostics

Update System BIOS

System IDs

Replicated Setup

Language Options

Save Custom Defaults

Apply Custom Defaults and Exit

Apply Factory Defaults and Exit

Ignore Changes and Exit

Save Changes and Exit

Advanced Options:
Boot Options

Device Configurations

Secure Boot Configuration

Option ROM Launch Policy

USB Device Control

Power Options

Performance Options

Slot Settings

Legacy Configurations
Internet Configuration

Update BIOS via Network

Manageability Application Configuration

BIOS Power-On

Additional Tabs include Security and UEFI Drivers.

HP Recommended

EskoBomb, the Z840/Z640/Z440 BIOS has many changes from previous HP Workstations.  The BIOS F10 user interface is different.  I deleted my previous reply, since it applied to previous HP Workstations.  (Sorry, I misread your original post). 

The Z840/Z640/Z440 BIOS does NOT have settings to change the Time and Date.  This generation of workstations does not have this option.  The time and date can be set after bootinging, then changing them in the operating system.

These BIOS settings are not needed anymore. 

I am an HP Employee.

HP Recommended

Sounds good.  Thanks again. +1 Kudos in spirit since the purple button doesn't seem to work today in my browser.

HP Recommended
These BIOS settings are definitely still needed.

Imaging an HP Z440 with SCCM, and it will not image because the clock is off on the Z440.
There is no operating system installed so there's no way to update the time there.

So it looks like we'll have to manually install an operating system just so we can update the time! What poor foresight by HP, to remove the ability to correct the time from the BIOS.
HP Recommended

HP Z440 BIOS 1.62  adds ability to set the system date and time in F10.  Get the BIOS here:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6978829&swItemId=wk_153098_1&swEnvOid=405...

I am an HP Employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.