Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
apxd1-dm

I have two apxd1-dm motherboards I have purchased from  a retailer to use in a custom CNC setup. I chose this motherboard for it small size and price. I can't seem to get either of them to power on. I purchased a new 19v power supply, have it hooked up to a monitor via the vga port and it just never powers up. These came from a reputable retailer that I have done lots of business with in the past so I think it is highly unlikely that I have two DOA motherboards. Any ideas on what to check? I have 4 GB of ram in each mothorboard and two solid state hard drives.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@biqut2

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the motherboard you've purchased isn't powering on,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you ensure power is being supplied to the parts?

here's what you need to know:

• Checking the power source
  • Power supply fan is noisy or having interference
  • Power supply light does not turn on or power supply fan does not spin
  • Testing the power supply separately from the system
  • Power supply light is on and flashes
  • Ordering a replacement power supply

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS AND INSTRUCTIONS

Keep me posted,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead. 

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  
mark my post as Accepted Solution. 
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 
Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The power supply funcions just fine, I have verified voltage and current being upllied as well as tested with another computer. The problem is elsewhere.

HP Recommended

@biqut2

Thank you for replying, 

I understand your concern and if you've confirmed that there is power being supplied to the motherboards and yet the issue persists,

This could be a hardware malfunction within the motherboards and hence, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.  

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.  
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details). 

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution. 
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 
Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.