Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion HPE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Currently my desktop beeps 6 times then either shuts off or beeps another set of 6 and shuts off then restarts. I say currently because it has changed a few times. A few months ago it was working fine and when I went to shut it off it gave the option to update and shut down, which I chose then went to bed. the next morning a quick error message popped up, too quick to read and it shut off and restarted over an over again. I work 10-12 hours a day so it was awhile before I could look into it. Today when I tried it at first it beeped 3 times and the screen was blank no error messages, so I shut down unplugged and held power button 10 seconds then opened the side and cleaned out the dust like i have done many times. When i plugged back in and turned on the fans started and it beeped 5 times twice and shut off restarted and repeated. Everything online pointed to the memory chips being the most likely cause so after unplugging I removed the 4 chips blew out the connections and reinstalled first one chip and then changed for each of the others one at a time. The results varied (number of beeps and if it would shut off and restart) but the problems persisted and I could not duplicate the results when starting over with the same combinations. The hard drive was replaced 6-7  months ago and was upgraded to windows 10 from 7 then, with no problems except blue screen error once in awhile (which this computer has had since almost out of the box) until this problem.  I have checked the connections and all seem ok. I have seen a couple videos suggesting to remove the small batteries on the motherboard and reinstall but have not tried it and am not sure how to remove them. The case is very full with a tv tuner and large video card so hard to reach in and even touch the batteries. This was an expensive custom build and currently my income is limited. Please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello@ddav,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

Need assistance in fixing the Beep codes on the PC. Did I get it, right?

I request you to follow the article from HP which provides you with more information of the component that might be causing the issue. Use the link below to follow the article.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02222922

Hope this answers the question. Please let me know more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.