Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If you are successful with a graphics card install, please come back with a report so others can benefit from the success!!

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
The fan of the GT 440 card is failing, and the software I plan to run needs more
graphics memory. Therefore, I'm trying some more. I compared the list of Nvidia-based graphics cards compatible with the IPISB-CH2
to this list showing which generation of Nvidia GPUs each board uses. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units The results suggest that all graphics cards using the Fermi generation of GPUs,
and probably most earlier generations, are compatible, but all graphics cards
using the Kepler or Maxwell generations are incompatible. No information
available for the Pascal generation. If so, a G 705 or SOME GT 730 cards should be compatible, but not all GT 730
cards. Also, some but not all GT 630, GT 640, and GT 645 cards should be
compatible. Therefore, anyone trying to add to the above list of compatible graphics cards
need to run a program that will show the GPU generation, and report what it
showed. SIV64X shows it on the third line selected by clicking on the triangle
to the right of Machine, then GPU Info (for version 4.53 or 5.15).

This forum stll won't let me copy and paste a text file unless I insert it as code.

Can anyone with both an IPISB-CH2 motherboard and any card from the following list check whether that card works with the motherboard, and then check which generation of GPU it has?

GT 630, GT640, GT 645

G 705, GT 730

any card in the GeForce 1000 series

There MAY also be a requirement that the card is compatible with a BIOS, rather than only with a UEFI, to make it work. 

So you may also need to check with whather company made the card made it UEFI-only.  Nvidia said that all the cards they make are compatible with either a BIOS or a UEFI.

I tried a GT 630 (Kepler type).  It did NOT allow booting.

HP Recommended

@TheOldMan wrote:

Well, there are problems when trying to upgrade the graphics card in that model motherboard.  HERE ARE THE COMPATIBLE GPUs listed for that model. 

I decided to test the possibility that all graphics cards with a Fermi GPU are compatible with that motherboard (at least if they agree with the BIOS/UEFI setting), so I ordered a GT 545.  It works properly, so you can add it to that list.  It's probably the best I can have with all the assorted restrictions on that computer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.