Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp compaq dc7800 minitower
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am having this error message on my hp dc7800.

2210 - parameters frame error
me bios extension module execution has halted
update bios or management engine firmware if problem persists.

2206 - end of post heci failure
system halted. power cycle the system to reboot.

now how can i update bios from usb

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

did you try downloading the BIOS Softpaq and creating a bootable media when you run it?

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended
Yes i have downloaded bios but that bios is in .exe form in f10 setting cant found this because of .exe form f10 need .dos form
HP Recommended
From where i download the .dos form file
HP Recommended
Please help me i need this very argently
HP Recommended

basically, download the BIOS Softpaq (sp73582) from the web site

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3459248&swItemId=vc_156857_1&swEnvOid=406...

run the Softpaq executable

once it is done, a web page will open showing a header of "BIOS Flash Update". In this web page you will see several links for installation options.

Hewlett-Packard BIOS Flash Update

If you can boot into Windows, select the 1st option, otherwise, select any of the other options. The 2nd option will add the BIOS ROM code to a USB key that the BIOS can use to update after entering F10 setup

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I successfully make a Bootable usb devisehin fat32 with bios dos files but now when i select rom bios flash option  and then i select usb its giving me error that (the files are messing or error )

HP Recommended

Hi:

You do not make a bootable usb flash drive to use the F10 Flash system ROM line in the File menu in the BIOS.

Just format the USB flash drive in FAT and then copy the contents of the DOS Flash folder to your flash drive.

HP Recommended

Let me try and then i will tell you that its work or not

HP Recommended

Bro its not work again says the filesare missing or damaged ???! . What should I do  please  tell me a solution  then im be very thankful to you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.