Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try a different flash drive would be all I can recommend.

I have flashed the BIOS' on many HP business desktops (dcxxxx and elite 8xxx) many times using that method, and never got an error.

All I did was copy the contents of the dos flash folder (without the folder) to a usb flash drive formatted in the FAT file system.

I don't think it matters if it is FAT 32 or FAT.  It cannot be formatted in NTFS or exFAT.

HP Recommended

Finally i dois the bios thanks for this but its gives me the error .(peeametrr error )

HP Recommended

What should I do now bro please tell me 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I won't be able to help you any further.

Something is wrong beyond my knowledge.

As I wrote earlier all you need is a formatted FAT 32 flash drive,with the BIOS files on it.

If it is not working that way, I would have to say the motherboard is kaput.

HP Recommended

But  do you now  that how to intall firmware? ????

HP Recommended

No, I don't.  I have never attempted to.

Read too many forum posts where folks have tried to update the ME firmware and then get the BIOS errors you referenced in your post.

2210 - parameters frame error
me bios extension module execution has halted
update bios or management engine firmware if problem persists.

2206 - end of post heci failure
system halted. power cycle the system to reboot.

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Unless you are using the PC in a corporate network environment where all PC's are managed over a network in a central location, all that ME and AMT stuff is of no importance to us single users of HP business PC's.

I only buy them because I believe they are built better and last longer than the typical consumer desktops on the market.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.