Note on archived topics.
06-27-2016 06:27 PM
I am having this error message on my hp dc7800.
2210 - parameters frame error
me bios extension module execution has halted
update bios or management engine firmware if problem persists.
2206 - end of post heci failure
system halted. power cycle the system to reboot.
now how can i update bios from usb
06-30-2016 06:22 PM
basically, download the BIOS Softpaq (sp73582) from the web site
run the Softpaq executable
once it is done, a web page will open showing a header of "BIOS Flash Update". In this web page you will see several links for installation options.
Hewlett-Packard BIOS Flash Update
- I want to update my BIOS in Microsoft Windows OS.
- I want to update my BIOS from F10 setup.
- I want to update my BIOS from a USB flash media device in Microsoft Windows OS.
- I want to update my BIOS from a DOS bootable USB flash media device.
- I want to use System Software Management (SSM).
- I want to use HP Client Manager Software (HPCMS).
- I want to use network BIOS flashing capabilities.
- My system tells me that my system flash ROM image is corrupted.
- Folder and flash methods general descriptions.
- View revision history
If you can boot into Windows, select the 1st option, otherwise, select any of the other options. The 2nd option will add the BIOS ROM code to a USB key that the BIOS can use to update after entering F10 setup
06-30-2016 07:06 PM
You do not make a bootable usb flash drive to use the F10 Flash system ROM line in the File menu in the BIOS.
Just format the USB flash drive in FAT and then copy the contents of the DOS Flash folder to your flash drive.