Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am unable to install the Intel HD driver for our new workstation. The new workstation we purchased is the HP EliteDesk 800 G3. I've gone to HP's website, intel, etc to find and download the driver. Each time I receive the following error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

I used Intel's own Intel (R) Driver Update Utility and it sees that I need the Graphics Driver but then fails during the installation with the above message as well.

Any ideas? It happens even when I do not PXE boot the PC with a windows 7 image.

Thanks,

Jeremy

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, Jeremy:

Intel never developed a graphics driver for W7.  I'm surprised HP put one on the support page.

Microsoft states the only supported operating system that they will support on the Kaby Lake chipset is W10.

If you explore the Intel driver folder, you will see that the setup information file shows no supported Kaby Lake Intel graphics adaper hardware ID's for W7, which is why you are getting that error.

See the notes on the driver link...

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=15257633&swItemId=vc_180151_1&swEnvOid=40...

Note: The following device IDs are not supported by Windows 7
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5906
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5921
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5926
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5927
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_591E
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5902
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5912
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_590B
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_591B
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_591D

The only suggestion I can offer would be to modify the driver to add the hardware ID's for your graphics adapter (which is now showing as a standard VGA adapter in the device manager).

Use this person's steps as a guide.  This worked for the 450 G4 business notebook., so perhaps if you do the same steps...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Windows-7-VGA-drivers-Probook-450-G4/m...

Otherwise, if that doesn't work, you will need to install a supported PCIe x16 graphics adapter that has W7 drivers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.