Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp pavillion 15 notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I bought this laptop G6U18UA#ABA..My intention was to hook it up to my television. I had an existing HDMI cable attached to the tv that I had another computer hooked up with. I also bought another HDMI cable because I wanted a longer cable. Neither one of them fit in the HDMI slot in the laptop. Are there different end types because I am stumped.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

>>yes you will find out an adapter were u can use it

>>you can chk with best buy or ebay

I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos "Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum.

As per the Product Specifications the External Ports:

Multi-format digital media card reader for Secure Digital cards
2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0
1 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
1 HDMI
1 RJ-45 (LAN)
1 Headphone-out/microphone-in combo jack

So if you are trying to connect from HDMI to HDMI on to your TV (if your TV has a HDMI input) YES it should work.

If not please buy converters for the same cable, there are lot converters in the market where you can use it for converting.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
VSL85
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended

Hi...

There are different types of HDMI cable connectors.

kb1355-01_en_v2.png

I know Type A is what is seen on TVs. I am not sure what type is on your PC, but check. I have usually seen Type D because of limited space.

Cheers,

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended

This particular laptop has type A, I believe. Here is a picture.

pavilion 15-p066us.jpg

I work on behalf of HP, but my opinions are my own.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. If both apply......do both.
HP Recommended

Hi 

>>yes your laptop has an option for HDMI 

>>and it should fit in to it 

>>please chk with the cable by interchanging or chk the port for any dirt 

>>after u plugged in please change the display out put option form windows+P

I work on behalf of HP
Please click “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

I am an HP employee

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply...

The two cables I have are type A..Fits in the tv just fine, but not in the laptop. It doesn't look as small as a type D. But it can be a type C...Do they sell adapters since I will need 2 different ends?

HP Recommended

Hi

>>yes you will find out an adapter were u can use it

>>you can chk with best buy or ebay

I work on behalf of HP

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Adapters are available for that.

I work on behalf of HP, but my opinions are my own.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. If both apply......do both.
HP Recommended

Thank you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.