Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I cant get my hp out of safe mode and i cant get internet when insafe mode iam using my asus to reply back to you. My hp wont remember my passwor so iam locked out of my hp.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @helen20

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

What is your operating system version ?

How did you get into Safe Mode initially ?  Why did you have to enter Safe Mode ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I feel confused about your question, but still want to help you out.

As you said, if you are currently in Safe Mode and want to get out of it, simply reboot your computer and that's it, you will be back to regular mode.

-> You said you don't know the password of your account and can't login. In this case, I can understand follow this way: You don't remember the password of your computer and then the only option is to log into Safe Mode. If so, you can search for videos on YouTube.com to learn how to reset your Windows password with Command Prompt.

I can't post the link here as sometimes it's turned to be an illegal stuff which teach users to do wrong thing (hack the password).

-> If you have rebooted your computer but it still redirects you back to Safe Mode, definitely that you changed a few options and your computer is only booted into Safe Mode. In this case, press Windows + R, enter msconfig and press the Enter key to open System Configuration. In that, uncheck the Safe Mode box and reboot your computer.

But if you mean you want to access Safe Mode, then here are a few ways you can use to boot your compter into Safe Mode quickly:

https://win10tips.net/windows-10-safe-mode/

HP Recommended

Sorry'

no computer stated. (one answer is msconfig)

no OS stated.

but if not w10 , the F8 key still works at boot

if is W10, push the windows +R  key, and then

see run box

type MSCONFIG

click normal startup'.

but on some PC I say safe mode so deep in safe mode, (all services and startup off) that even the WIN+R was dead.

tell me you are not there.>??

it really is odd how settings and Control panel still has no link to MSconfig.

the hard way is next ,

windows key

scroll to bottom of long long screen , endless it seems now...

see windows,,,system, expand that,  the COMMAND PROMPT, click that, CMD.exe opens and you type MSCONFIG

the hard way.  (some systems no run box, no search working i deep safe mode or sick)

then u-do all that the other guy turned off, can be extensive, there, set them all to DEFAULT.

Normal + safe off + enamble all, tab by tab then startup, last. in TM.

end.

NO warranty answers by me.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.