Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HPCOMPAQ dc/7900 Ultra-slim-PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I WANT TO CHANGE MY BOOT ORDER IN HP Compaq dc7900 Ultra-slim Desktop PC.  While entering the setup, system asking setup password. But I dont know the setup password. How can I get my above system setup password. How can i change the bootorder in bios setup.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@NANDARAPU

When asked for the password just hit enter 3 times.

Post any code you receive.

REO

HP Recommended

when asked password pressed enter 3 times. i have not receive any code.  But I was entered in bios setup. but i can't chane boot order and anything. please give solution.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see this guide for how to clear the BIOS password...Appendix B, Page 62.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=3784892&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c01...

Note:  The dc7900 was the first model in that series that had a BIOS setting for Stringent Security.

If someone enabled the Stringent Security option in the BIOS, removing the green password jumper to clear the password will be ineffective, and you will be unable to clear the password.

Your only option in that case would be to replace the motherboard if you want access to the BIOS.

If all you want to do is change the boot order one time, tap the F9 key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen and you should be able to boot from the selected device.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.