Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP LD4200tm 42-inch Widescreen LCD Interactive Digital Signage Display and just replaced my old PC with an new laptop running windows 8 64bit.  The touch feature on my screen no longer is working.  HP does not seem to have drivers for the touch feature for windows 8 64 bit.  Any one know how to fix this issue?  This is killing me having this $3500 display and not being able to use the touch feature.   

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Based on the information located on the Drivers, Software and Firmware for HP LD4200tm 42-inch Widescreen LCD Interactive Digital Signage Di... page as indicated below;

NOTE: This version of the iNEXIO Touch Driver is only installed on systems with a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System. The touch driver installation program will not install drivers for Microsoft Windows Vista or Microsoft Windows 7 Operating Systems, because Microsoft Plug-and-Play Touch Drivers are already included in those operating systems.

The Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems should be capable of using the HP LD4200tm without HP provided drivers. By extension, Windows 8 should also have Plug-n-Play support for your TouchScreen monitor device.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Thank you for the fast reply   I ran the Beta Windows 8 on my desktop and it did work on my desktop.  Was a bit touchy but it did work. I am trying to get this to run on a Alienware 14X LapTop.  Windows 8.1

I am getting "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" on device properties in device manager.  I know it is not the monitor because It works on my other PC.  Could there be a conflict with the Laptop's touch pad? 

HP Recommended

I saw this post, and I am having the same issue. Trying to hook up a surface Pro running windows 8 to our HP LD4200 monitor and I can not get the touch to work. Has there been any updates or do you have any ideas?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

HP Recommended

This touch screen is not recognized by Windows 10 either. While many are saying that native Windows drivers should support it, they just don't. Can HP make a Windows 10 driver available for it?

HP Recommended

I need to get help on My Monitor HP LD 4200Tm  touchscreen is not working with my notebook. What do i have to do please someone help me  Thank You

HP Recommended

EdwardLopes,

Please see the HP LD4200tm LCD Monitor User Guide for information on the use and functions of this signage display. You will need to connect the USB cable from the monitor to your computer to enable the touch functions. Depending on the OS, you may or may not need driver software for touch to work. The driver for Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7 is availabe for download at HP LD4200 Series LCD Monitor Driver.

Please provide the exact model/product number of your computers and OS runnning on the computers, including 32 or 64-bit.

Be advised that they is a firmware update for this monitor... HP LD4200tm Firmware Update.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Is anyone from HP able to recognize that this touch driver no longer works on Windows10, and needs an update? Drivers and firmware for outdated and unsupported versions of Windows are not as helpful as addressing the current version of Windows.

HP Recommended

Hi there, i am having the same issue and was wondering if anyone has solved this.  I have seen stuff on other forms about tricking the monitor to use a usb interface driver but i can't seem to get anything to work.  I need this working on windows 10

HP Recommended

Windows found driver with no problem 10 you might have to unplug it when you have running sometimes my stop working.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.