Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If you have a situation where  your monitor power brick is placed close to another one, then it could be the cause of your problem as it was in my case.   

HP Recommended

Moving power bricks apart solved my problem for good.  I tried aluminum foil as a shield between TV and monitor first but as you say that was not affecting it.  I must have moved the power bricks a little then because it worked for about a day.

But I have not observed the bluish tint since I increased the space between the power bricks for my monitor and my laptop.

HP Recommended

If you have power bricks for monitor and laptop make sure you do not place them close together.  I found out that was the cause of the bluish tint on the left side of my 23bw monitor.  I have not had the problem since I moved them far apart.

HP Recommended

I solved this problem by moving the power brick far away from another one for my laptop.  Before they were side-by-side and apparently that created a low voltage situation for the 23bw monitor.  I posted this information previously but this a rather long thread so you probably didn't see it.

HP Recommended
It's on a desktop nowhere near power bricks, or its own power brick, nor is the power brick near any other power bricks. This is the second time this has happened, I'm starting to think either the monitor design is defective, or there was a bad run of monitors
HP Recommended

It could be a bad run of monitors.   think it can happen because of multiple assemply lines in different factories, most of them in China.  Last year I bought a bad HP wireless printer/copier/scanner.  I had to return it to Sam's Club after trying for over a month to get it to work wirelessly.  Ended up buying my first Epson since the old dot-matrix days!

HP Recommended

I can't believe my monitor started having this problem again!  Since April 30th it has been working fine.  But this morning the left third of the screen has the bluish tint. 

Power bricks were not moved at all.  Still far apart.  Problem could be low voltage but that shouldn't be the cause since I have the monitor plugged into a UPS.

This morning I found out that moving power bricks apart will not solve the problem forever.  I must have been lucky it worked for so long.  Hope others will have better luck than me.

For sure, it is better to have your monitor replaced as soon as you encounter this problem. 

HP Recommended

I  also am having issues with the hp pavilion 23bw monitor.  I purchased it only4 months ago. The whole screen has a  purple tinge to it.  

I can't believe I am already having issues!!  I followed the "great" advice on hp website which consisted of doing a factory reset and if that didn't fix it (it did NOT) then they gave me the advice of service the monitor.

C'mon!!!! This is pathetic! What a lemon.  I can barely see this as I type because the color is so bad.

HP Recommended

Yesterday my monitor started working again without a bluish tint on left third of the display.  The day before I fiddled with the power brick so maybe there was a slightly loose connection.  But I can't be sure because it didn't start working right after I did that...not until the next day!  Coincidence?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a sort of similar problem with the same monitor. Except the entire screen is tinted green and the screen slowly fades black and repeats itself. I've fiddled with the power strip, tried different outlets, tried different HDMI cables, and nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.