Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion 500-102ix
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

sir at once suddenly when I opened my pc then i saw smart hard disk error in which it was stated:- the smart hard disk check has  detected an imminent failure harddisk 2 (302) 

then i enter f2 key system diagnostics in which i tested the harddisk test and it showed 

smart check :-FAILED

FAILURE ID : 0G8421-0008JT0G8421-60DB03

which was under hp pc hardware diagnostics UEFI

please kindly give me the solution

d.jpgd.jpg 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

That is telling you a hardware failure either has occured or will very shortly.  The hard drive is failing and needs replaced.  If the PC will boot, then stop using it and backup the hard drive now or make a image now.  Then replace the drive and use the backup to restore the files and OS on the new hard drive.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

so is your data backed up or not?

or is this a gaming system with no need to backup? do elaborate. this to use for help.

what you have or need we dont know? computers can be complex no?

my DT has 5 drives,  2 SSD and  3HDD.

only the OS sits on drive C.: all data on mine are on disk 2,3,4, or 5 . (by my design, and programs on drive 2)

so when my 1TB drive did this ,  (drive K)  it was bad, sure, I  ran chrystaldisk app, and shows, its ok drive but ran out of spare sectors, sure all drives end up here. so backed it up again, ,  it is monthly ,but again. now.

then took it out and put in a new drive. and all is good. 1TB seagate (love em) mine Died after 8 years of torture,'

but on your system .YOU ONLY got  one drive?  that it? the C: only? all things on one drive,. sure.... like most....

are you backed up?, if not, now is the time do it. Google how to backup.

I use 2 ways, external drive on a E-sata port (to my 3tb external HDD chassis) or my BLURAY BD-R rocordable.

your call there what to do with DATA>?

then so get  the  HP, fresh media OS , reInstall.

id show the link but HP bans me from links , even theirs.... as hard as that is to believe....

what you do is

google this line

HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

that nails it.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended
Hey Savvy2
No i haven't backed it up yet and its not a gaming system its just a normal pc
I have installed the OS on drive C: only and my important files are on 2,3,4 drives.
Ok lets say if I have backed it up then what do i need to do you mean that i should throw it n buy a new hard disk but listen I have taken this system 2 years back only and I am not able to buy a new hard disk this time
You aren't telling me the exact solution ??
So exactly tell me if I have backrd it up then what is the procedure to resolve it ??
HP Recommended
Savvy
My OS is missing also then what should I do??
HP Recommended

If the old drive still works, then either make an image of the drive or clone it to the new drive.  No problems.  If you have a backup, then use the backup software to restore onto the new drive.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.