Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omni 100-5157 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

so I have this HP Omni 100-5157 Desktop PC and the hard drive is full of nothing that I need so i want to format it and reinstall windows 7 to it.  I own a windows 7 disk so the formating part is easy. How will i reactivate windows on this computer when im done? It comes with windows 7 preinstalled. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your W7 disk is the same version as what is on the PC now, just use the W7 product key on your PC's case to activate the new W7 installation.

HP Recommended

see that is what i dont have for this device. it never came with any key because it was preinstalled. 

HP Recommended

That doesn't matter.

Every PC sold with W7 preinstalled is supposed to have a Windows OEM product key somewhere on the PC's case.

Every one of my HP PC's that originally came with W7 have a W7 product key on the case somewhere.

Check it thoroughly.  On those all in ones, the key may be attached on the back somewhere.

The only exception to this would be if the PC came with W8 Pro with downgrade rights to W7 Pro.

Then the PC has a W8 product key in the BIOS, and there would be no W7 product key.

If you are sure that there is no W7 product key anywhere to be found, then your only option would be to order a set of W7 recovery disks which should not need a key to activate.

I don't see a link to order them on the 100-5157 W7 driver page.

However, you can still get a set from this non-HP vendor.

http://www.computersurgeons.com/p-20079-windows-7-64-bit-recovery-kit-lq462av-for-hp-omni-desktop-pc...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.