Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i am look for the M2N78-LA  (Violet6) motherboard manual because i am chaning cases.

thankyou

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I don't think there is a manual, but here is the info page:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01925562

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

hey, thanks for the quick reply, when im moving cases how do i know where all the wires go without the manual.

HP Recommended

clarkey010 wrote: hey, thanks for the quick reply, when im moving cases how do i know where all the wires go without the manual.

Hello clarkey010, It seems that HP does not offer the front panel pin labels for their motherboards.

Many of their motherboards are manufactured by Asus, and the standard front panel pins are in a 9 pin connector layout.

Below is some front panel pin information for a HP motherboard that may be the same as yours.

You may want to try this information. If these are not correct for your motherboard, there should be no damage to the motherboard, since the power and reset switches are just a contact and the led pins need to be in the proper polarity. If the leds do not light, then just reverse the pins and the polarity should be correct.

Motherboad front panel pins.JPG

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello,  

For some reason i cannot see the picture that you have posted 🙂

HP Recommended

clarkey010 wrote: Hello, Hanspuppa, for some reason i cannot see the picture that you have posted 🙂

Hello clarkey010, Sorry for that invalid image. I believe I have now corrected this error.

Please look at the original post with the image.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Thankyou 🙂 what is the worst that the pins are in the wrong order? sorry im new to all this stuff 🙂

The picture that you have posted is the same motherboard as mine just not the Violiet 6 one so they should be the same anyway

Thankyou Clarkey010

HP Recommended

clarkey010 wrote: Thankyou 🙂 what is the worst that the pins are in the wrong order? sorry im new to all this stuff 🙂

The picture that you have posted is the same motherboard as mine just not the Violiet 6 one so they should be the same anyway. Thankyou Clarkey010

Hello clarkey010, You should first be sure you know the correct front panel leads (wires).

They should be labeled as PW (power), RS (reset), HD (hd activity), PLED (power light), or something similiar to these labels.

Once you are sure of these front panel leads, then just connect them to the appropriate pins on the motherboard.

The power lead and the reset leads are connected to just common separate switches on the front panel, and the polarity, or they way you connect them, would make no difference since the switch is just completing a circuit.

The Led connections need to be connected in the proper polarity. If they are not connected properly, there would be no damage. but the led would just not light up. If you find they do not light up, just reverse the connections on the motherboard and they should now light up.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.