Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Beats All-in-One - 23-n110x
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

when i plug in my hdmi cable to my hp envy( the other end is plugged into a tv set) my computer does not make that little dinging noise that computers make when it recognizes that something was just plugged into it ( the hdmi cable). Needless to say, so i cant duplicate what is on my hp envy moniter to my tv set. Once again to recap: i just don't think my hp envy is recognizing the fact that i have plugged a cable into it. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't find the specs of your machine but for another machine same 23-n1nnx series, it has HDMI IN port at the back (port #5)

Back I/O ports

5 - HDMI In port

You can't connect TWO in ports (one from computer and one from TV) together, this won't give you any thing.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I must have not explained myeslf properly, sorry. I have 1 computer that is an HP all-in-one.  I want to plug 1 and only HDMI cable into it so that it then sends what is on the hp envy's screen to the tv set. I believe you call this duplicating or mirroring it. I am not trying to plug in 2 things into my hp envy, that would be imposible because not only does the hp envy have only 1 hdmi hole, but also there woiuld be no reason for me to do such a thing.  I do it with my laptop all the time , connect my laptop to the tv set. It sends whats on the laptop screen to my tv set. And when I do plug in a HDMI cable into the laptop, it make THAT SOUND recognizing that i have plugged in something to the laptop. My hp envy is NOT making the sound when i plug in a HDMI cable , and it is NOTsending whats on the HP envy 's screen to the TV. Once again because its NOT recognizing that there was a HDMI cable plugged into it. please tell me why..... anyone.... please !!!!!!!

HP Recommended

@jiminps

Sorry I have to make this a bit clearer: Your All-in-one ONLY has one HDMI port (as shown on my first reply) and it IS a HDMI IN port.

Now you wish to connect it to HDMI port on your TV which is ALSO a HDMI IN port.

I can't connect TWO IN ports together, you need one IN and one OUT. In this case you need OUT port on your All-in-one BUT it DOES NOT have.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thanks, it does help explain it a little better, thanks, I did notice a tiny little button on the side of my HP all in one that says  HDMI. When i push it, my screen goes black and says "game mode, no video signal"  for a few seconds.  Im not sure if this button turns the hdmi port into an "out" port. I have tried to push it when i had my hdmi cable plugged in, but it did not help any with my goal. Do you know what that little button does and can it help with what i am trying to achieve? Thank you for the help 🙂 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.