cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jiminps
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

my HP envy does not recognize that i have plugged in a HDMI cable into it

HP Recommended
HP Beats All-in-One - 23-n110x
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

when i plug in my hdmi cable to my hp envy( the other end is plugged into a tv set) my computer does not make that little dinging noise that computers make when it recognizes that something was just plugged into it ( the hdmi cable). Needless to say, so i cant duplicate what is on my hp envy moniter to my tv set. Once again to recap: i just don't think my hp envy is recognizing the fact that i have plugged a cable into it. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,492 90,369 11,618 24,910
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't find the specs of your machine but for another machine same 23-n1nnx series, it has HDMI IN port at the back (port #5)

Back I/O ports

5 - HDMI In port

You can't connect TWO in ports (one from computer and one from TV) together, this won't give you any thing.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
jiminps
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I must have not explained myeslf properly, sorry. I have 1 computer that is an HP all-in-one.  I want to plug 1 and only HDMI cable into it so that it then sends what is on the hp envy's screen to the tv set. I believe you call this duplicating or mirroring it. I am not trying to plug in 2 things into my hp envy, that would be imposible because not only does the hp envy have only 1 hdmi hole, but also there woiuld be no reason for me to do such a thing.  I do it with my laptop all the time , connect my laptop to the tv set. It sends whats on the laptop screen to my tv set. And when I do plug in a HDMI cable into the laptop, it make THAT SOUND recognizing that i have plugged in something to the laptop. My hp envy is NOT making the sound when i plug in a HDMI cable , and it is NOTsending whats on the HP envy 's screen to the TV. Once again because its NOT recognizing that there was a HDMI cable plugged into it. please tell me why..... anyone.... please !!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,492 90,369 11,618 24,910
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jiminps

Sorry I have to make this a bit clearer: Your All-in-one ONLY has one HDMI port (as shown on my first reply) and it IS a HDMI IN port.

Now you wish to connect it to HDMI port on your TV which is ALSO a HDMI IN port.

I can't connect TWO IN ports together, you need one IN and one OUT. In this case you need OUT port on your All-in-one BUT it DOES NOT have.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
jiminps
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks, it does help explain it a little better, thanks, I did notice a tiny little button on the side of my HP all in one that says  HDMI. When i push it, my screen goes black and says "game mode, no video signal"  for a few seconds.  Im not sure if this button turns the hdmi port into an "out" port. I have tried to push it when i had my hdmi cable plugged in, but it did not help any with my goal. Do you know what that little button does and can it help with what i am trying to achieve? Thank you for the help 🙂 

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation