Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

my computer is very loud, its coming from the inside of the machine,when its on but not using it ,sounds like it ready to explode.

is there a way to stop this irrating sound?please help me out,anybody?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Payaso, welcome to the forum.

When requesting help, you should always include the make/model of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

I suggest opening the case.  This will allow you to listen closely to identify which component is making the noise.  Once you let us known, we will do our best to help you solve the problem.  Also, while the case is open, give it a thorough cleaning.  If it is a fan that is running fast, dust can cause this to happen by allowing heat to develop.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended
thanks my bad,and its a {compaq perssario sr2150nx}desktop, and im pretty sure that its the hard drive,but not certain and thanks alot dude!it surley was dusty in there.lol
HP Recommended

Payaso, it Is my pleasure.  It is always good to clean the computer at least once per year.  This can keep it running much longer.

If it is the hard drive, there is a guide for running the SMART test in the Product Specifications under the "Solve a problem" section.  I can't add the link from my Touchpad.  Try it to see what it says.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.