Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Model No 23-h139

Pavilion 23 TouchSmart All-in-one Desktop powers up to screen photo and clock and is completely unresponsive after that to either mouse or keyboard.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello

Will try to assist you.

Your PC is booting to Windows desktop but keyboard and mouse do not work. Is this correct?

Try different USB ports on pc. Try different mouse and keyboard but when both devices fail at same time it is usually something else that is bad.

Pavilion 23 is not your specific model so I can't look at specs. Don't know how many USB ports on PC, type of ports, or location of ports.

Mouse and keyboard are usually connected to USB 2.0 ports. Try,( blue) USB ports if you have them.

USB 2.0 controller on motherboard or USB 2.0 port connections on pC input/output panel may have failed.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your reply.  The model is 23-h139, and I bought it in the summer of 2014.  When I started it up just now, there was no response at all other than the startup microsounds - no screen at all.  I guess it's kaput, huh.

Thanks anyway for your help ...

HP Recommended

Hello

You are welcome.

You would have to replace motherboard if either component has failed.

Did you try connecting mouse and keyboard to different USB ports on side and back of PC?

If none work then it is motherboard/USB problem.

Grzy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.