Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hi my pc keeps turning its sell off after like 0-5mins of it being on after it turns off i have to wait a while be fore it will even turn back on any1 kno whats wrong?
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello yyyyyy, It would be helpful to know the model of your system and the version of the operating system.

This faulty condition could be caused by several different reasons.

I would first make sure the system is clean. HP systems seem to get dirty very easily.

You might remove the side panel and see if the system has a dirt/dust buildup inside the case.

If it does, I would clean all the dust/dirt from the system, paying close attention to the processor heatsink/fan, and also the power supply.

You might need to acquire some compressed air to blow the heatsink/fan assemble free of any dust/dirt.

This compressed air can usually be found at any computer shop and other stores.

Please keep us updated.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

its vista but i dont know what modle it is sorry 😞

was over a year ago i bought this computer and im not too sure on how to check what modle it is lol

i tryd to take the side off and clan the dust/dirt and it didnt seem to do anythink 😞

HP Recommended

Hello yyyyyy, This could be caused by a faulty power supply or motherboard, but it does appear to be heat related.

The processor fan could be faulty, but again, I would make certain the system is very clean in the heatsink/fan area.

This looks very much like a dirty heatsink. These can become dirty and you really need compressed air to clean them properly. I would rule that out before going further.

Hope this helps.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I don't really believe it's a hardware issue. It's hard to say what causes the issue without looking into it more.

You mentioned that after you turn it on again it works and stays on. If it was really a hardware issue then it would repear and turn off because of maybe the cpu overheating or fan not functioning.

But at this point it's not for sure what causes this.

You can find the pc model number by locating the white sticker on either on of the sides or back the tower.

Sometimes it could be on the very bottom side but that's rare

What I would do is try botting into safe mode first (press F8 multiple times when the pc first boots up) and see if it happens in safe mode as well.

You could try a System Restore to restore the system to before the problem started (not sure when the issye began).

Lastly I would a Disk Cleanup and scan the computer for possible viruses/malware.

Superantispyware.com has a free antispyware program

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Check the Event Viewer log for critical errors.

How to Find the HP Model Number

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
My computer is hp omni 120 having same issue turns off itself some times in 5 min and some times takes a couple of hours please advise me what to do
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.