Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 110 Desktop Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Has anyone else rec'd offers from "DriverSupport with Active Optimization?" pop-ups??  If so, have you done as they say to update drivers, software performance, internet performance and streaming???  They want $9.99 and, of course, credit card info.  I just don't want to be one of those gullible people you read about and sadly shake your head over, while thinking, "how could they be so dense???"  O_o

Any help in/on this matter would be greatly appreciated. 

Lucky <~ (irony, I know. )

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Luckyinkc

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Any place that appears on your PC asking for money is almost certainly a SCAM.  

I would avoid them -- as nearly all the driver update outfits only take your money and then either provide you obsolete drivers, or corrupt your PC and then demand even MORE money to clean up the damage they did.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your advice.

I'm not sure what triggered the onslaught of these pop-ups but I'll continue ignoring them.  I'll assume any info requiring updating drivers, etc., will be sent via HP or MS.

Again, thank you. Have a safe day!

*Lucky*

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.