Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@sarahfreid46

Go to Control Panel, Programs & Features.Select HP Support Assistant and uninstall it. Restart your machine after removing it.

Next download the latest version for your machine from the link:

http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/us/en/pclc/articles/hp-support-assistant.html?jumpid=ex_r602_go/hpsupp...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
"HPSF.exe has stopped working. This application has encountered a serious problem and must close."

I'm getting the above error message on a two month old HP Pavilion laptop  running Win7.

I see there are updates, but when I click on the HP Support Assistant w/ 'Recommended actions needed'...

it tells me HPSF.exe has stopped working and that I need to click 'okay' to automatically restart the application.

I click 'okay' and the window closes and does not restart.

HP Recommended

HPSF.exe has stopped working. This application has encountered a serious problem and must

The same error message  I am getting in these days, what should I do ?

HP Recommended

THANKYOU THIS SOLVED MY PROBLEM

HP Recommended
Thanks CheryG! That fixed it. The HP phone support was not as smart. Thanks again.
HP Recommended

CherylG could you please get a job at HP?

The HP survey popup does not work right. There is no "Yes" or "No" to click.

Their phone support did not know how to fix this, but you do.

The

**Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a Reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching**

does not work. There is no such link. HP needs your adult supervision. Thanks very much for fixing my problem when HP could not. I am surrounded by buggy, half baked software and you fixed one big problem. Now for the rest of them. Thanks!

HP Recommended

On my computer it doesn't list HP Support Assistant to uninstall. All it shows is HP Advisor. Is this the same thing and should I uninstall it?

HP Recommended

Help I have this problem too. I tried to follow the uninstall but said, "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specifed log file exists and is writable. HELP! Pavilion dv6-6127cl | Win7

HP Recommended
Thank you very much, nice! Rwm1949
HP Recommended

I had the saame problem, followed your instructions & it worked like a charm!

Thanks,

Ken

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.