Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
This was very helpful and easy to get through. I appreciate the help soooo much. My HP Asst. is working just fine now.
lj
HP Recommended

Dis the deinstall.  Got the download/  It won't install.  Message: "THe contents of the file cannot be unpacked.  The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted.  Please obtain another copy of the file." you are he source and only one file is available.   File is "sp58915.exe"  I have Windows 7.  Where do I get a new file?

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, it worked great.

HP Recommended

@FLUDDLES

A corrupt file can be caused by several factors.A flaky internet connection, need to empty IE Temp files......try downloading a new copy.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Thank you. It worked. Kudos!!!
HP Recommended

Downloaded multiple times all failed with same error.  Finally reloaded old version from from installed programs to have something working.  Don't seem to have any trouble with Microsoft, Antivirus, or other downloads.  I would guess the HP site has a corrupt file.  I will try and upgrade this evening and see if the downloads trash me again.

HP Recommended

Thank you , worked great!!1

HP Recommended

Same problem.

I did follow the link above, and reinstlalled. Less than a day later, I get the same "stopped working message".  Is there a solution??

HP Recommended

Thank you for clearing this problem. After following your straightforward instructions my pc is back to top working order.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for this help, it is appreciated.  :womanhappy:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.