Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
p6-2330
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upgrade to get 2gbps...now gets 1gpbs...want to increase internet speed to up to 200mbps.My computer in current state max is 1gbps.If i upgrade to this processor will it do the trick. (AMD A6-5400K APU 3.6Ghz Dual-Core Processor AD540KOKHJBOX ) Thanks                             

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Flash64

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I presume you're talking about Internet speed, right?

If that is the case, the power/speed of your processor will have little to nothing to do with that.

Internet speeds are set by (1) the type of networking connection (wired are generally faster than WiFi), (2) the speed caps imposed by your ISP, (3) the real-time performance and load on the website you are surfing.

The speeds that are advertised are the theoretical MAXIMUM you can achieve, not the speed to be expected.

For example, my speed maxes out at 350mb/sec download, but I rarely get even 75% of that and are usually downloading at a lot lower speed -- depending on the site I an downloading FROM.

Plus, you speed comparisons appear to be in error.  If you're currently gettingh 200mb/sec and upgrade to 1gb/sec, that means you speed has increased five fold.  So, going from 1gb/sec to 200mb/sec is a drop in speed, not an increase.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

right now my processor tops out at 1gbps which only allows me to get up to 100mbps..the tech today told me I would need a faster processor that would allow me to get speeds up to 200mbps..and I am hard wired...the rep with HP recommended this processor were they both wrong..my modem get 324mbps  Thanks for your reply

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.