Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Accelerator
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey All, 

I am having multiple issues with my OMEN accelerator and am hoping you all can help me out.  First, I don't use it for gaming I only use it as a mule to run four monitors for work off my work laptop (Thinkpad T14s). 

My problems are twofold: 

1) When the computer restarts - I have no reliable way of getting the accelerator to work.  The only thing I can do is plug it in, wait a minute or two to see if it wants to work, if it doesn't, unplug it and try again - and keep doing this until it works. 

2) The HP OMEN software tells me it cannot detect the Accelerator despite me typing this on one of the monitors running the accelerator. 

To be honest - I don't really care at all about using the HP OMEN software - I just want a reliable way to plug the thing in and have it work.  

Anyone have any suggestions - based on HPs own website - the last real update for the thing was in 2018 - so is this just a time bomb waiting to fall into intentional obsolescence?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GinFsee 

Your Lenovo has following ports

• 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1
  • 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (Always On)
  • 1 x USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 (support data transfer, Power Delivery and DisplayPort™ 1.2)
  • 1 x USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 / Thunderbolt 3 (support data transfer, Power Delivery and DisplayPort 1.2)
  • 1 x HDMI 1.4b
  • 1 x Ethernet extension connector
  • 1 x combo microSD card reader / nano-SIM card (WWAN model) slot
  • 1 x optional smart card reader
  • 1 x headphone/mic jack
  • 1 x side docking connector

The bad news is all Thunderbolt™ 3 ports are not the same and your machine only supports DisplayPort 1.2. Can you get newer firmware for Thunderbolt 3 port of your machine from Lenovo ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@GinFsee 

Your Lenovo has following ports

• 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1
  • 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (Always On)
  • 1 x USB-C 3.2 Gen 1 (support data transfer, Power Delivery and DisplayPort™ 1.2)
  • 1 x USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 / Thunderbolt 3 (support data transfer, Power Delivery and DisplayPort 1.2)
  • 1 x HDMI 1.4b
  • 1 x Ethernet extension connector
  • 1 x combo microSD card reader / nano-SIM card (WWAN model) slot
  • 1 x optional smart card reader
  • 1 x headphone/mic jack
  • 1 x side docking connector

The bad news is all Thunderbolt™ 3 ports are not the same and your machine only supports DisplayPort 1.2. Can you get newer firmware for Thunderbolt 3 port of your machine from Lenovo ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the input - I kinda figured it was something to do with the Lenovo laptop.  It doesn't play well with Thunderbolt accessories generally and getting the accelerator to work was a massive PITA.

Thanks for your help.   

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.