Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Sequencer Keyboard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Omen Sequencer Keyboard macros, media controls, and OCC button do not work when I turn my computer on.  After unplugging and then reconnecting the keyboard then everything works fine.  

Please help!  I spent two hours on the phone with Dell to see if it was an issue with the Alienware software but they say that it is not.  I like this keyboard and do not want to have to buy another $100+ keyboard brand because of this problem.

I tried different ports on the laptop/docking stations.  I tried unistalling Omen Command Center Software.  I tried repairing Omen Command Center software.  I tried using the HP support assistant software.  I tried uninstalling the drivers and also updating the drivers under Device Manager.  I tried disabling USB ports that go to sleep when not being used.  I tried HP software "SP98588" and "SP91504".  I tried everything!  At this point I have spent so much time on this it would have been cheaper to just buy a new keyboard and hope that the issue does not persist.

I do not believe that it is a hardware issue because I bought a new laptop less than one month ago and this problem does not happen on my old laptop (Lenovo P51 laptop).  This new computer the Alienware Area-51m R2 is the only computer that has this issue.  Could there be a conflict between the Alienware keyboard software and the Sequencer.

Please Help!  This is very frustrating and as you see I feel as though I am running out of options.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Clefebvre, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Yes, it seems like a compatibility issue with the Alienware software as the issue does not occur when connected to other computer. 

Let us try this: Uninstall Omen command center and then download and install Omen command center and HP system event utility from Microsoft store.

Check if this helps.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion.  That did not work.  I had already tried uninstalling and reinstalling all HP software (as stated above) but I tried again anyway  to no avail.

Charlie

HP Recommended

Solved.  I uninstalled all HP software.  I uninstalled HP System Event Utility, HP Support Solutions Framework, Dell Support Assist, and something else I can't remember what.  I don't know why or how but it is working now!  Go figure, sometimes less is more?  I did leave the Omen Command Center as I need that to program the macros.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.