Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Steelseries Keyboard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got the HP steelseries keyboard and I'm tring to bind some of the macro and function keys for different things. I see in the software how you are supposed to change them but I am having trouble finding out what the setting is for opening the calculator app. My old keyboard had a button on it that opened the calculator and I'd like to do that on the new one as well.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@brevee12,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to configure the programmable keys on the keyboard.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps to configure the keys.

To program the keys, complete the following steps.

1. Select the Key assignments tab, and then click the profile you want to change. Next, click Click to set in the assignment box next to the key you want to program. For example, if want to program the P1 key for the Game XYZ profile, click the box next to the P1 key.

The Click to set text changes to Enter keys.

Figure : Programming the keys

Programming the keys
  2. Type the new key assignment. For example, if you want to assign the P1 key to the Shift plus S key combination, press the Shiftkey and the S key on your keyboard.

The key combination displays in the assignment box.

Figure : Key combination

Key combination
  3. You can also reprogram the way the P1 key works when combined with the fn key, the shift key, the alt key, and the ctrl key. To do this, click the key combination and enter the function.

4. If you want to delete the key combination, click the red X in the box.

5. To change the keyboard lighting for a profile, see Customizing the lighting for each keyboard zone.

6. To make changes to advanced settings, see Using the Advanced keyboard settings.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.