Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2 Motion Controller (Left)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Several users have reported that their Reverb G2 Left motion controller's left thumbstick sticks in the up position.

Is there a recommended fix for this? I am reluctant to take apart the controller without instructions, and reluctant to spray silicone lube in there as the problem is probably the thumbstick module under the joystick.

Other users having this problem

https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comments/jxd3oe/thumbstick_is_sticking/Photo on 2020-11-30 at 9.57 AM.jpg

Thanks,

Chris

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

My left thumbstick is also sticking. 

HP Recommended

I have contacted support and they are helping me with the situation.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem out of the box with my right controller.  Left is fine.

HP Recommended

joystick.jpg

AUSTRALIANS!

I have the same problem with my right controller, straight out of the box.

However, in Australia, and I get this message when I attempt to log a support case with my serial number.

"This product is no longer serviced by HP. You may search for possible solutions on this support website."

Have any Australian's been able to get support for this issue?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I have this issue also on the right thumbstick.

IMAG1483.jpg

IMAG1484.jpg

HP Recommended

I also have been having this issue straight out of the box with my recently received headset. Hopefully HP offers some resolution for a fairly premium device...

HP Recommended

I also have the problem on the left stick.

So after waiting so many months and postponed so many times and after their promise of having improved the device, they can't even get the basic of the controllers right.

What a bunch of amateurs 🙄

HP Recommended

@Sethiathome

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, have you tried navigation this monstrosity that is the support page? I'm a Tech Lead and even I find it super hard to do anything. And don't get me started on trying to go past the first pages. Want to register your product? Oh, "a problem has occured, blabla". Over and over. Want to go to support with the virtual agent? Please input your serial number. Yeah, where is it? Ok nevermind, let me try one of the two random numbers on the box. But do I include the three letters after the space or not? Ok, let's do without. Oh, sorry, this is not enough, we need the model number, check on the box where it's written model number. What? Nothing. Ok let's try the other number. Sorry, we can't do nothing for you.

And that's my experience with the hp support page. Groundbreaking.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.