Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP REVERB G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Reverb G2 constantly loses Headset position Tracking and the boundary. I received my Headset a few weeks ago. I was aware of the X570 motherboard problems so I purchased an externally powered 3.1 USB hub. Tracking worked fine with my Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse GPU. This is only valid for Headset tracking. Unfortunately the controller tracking never really worked always losing position and jumping around everywhere, it was frustratingly manageable.

As the G2 is frame demanding I upgraded my GPU to a PNY RTX 3090 24GB XLR8. Since I upgraded the position tracking never works.

Here are my computer specs:

Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE - Motherboard

PNY RTX 3090 24GB XLR8 - GPU

AMD Ryzen 5 3600x - CPU

Corsair 4x8 GB RAM DDR4 @ 3600 MHz

It doesn't matter how many times I redraw the boundary, the image in the Cliffhouse in WMR or Steam home constantly begins wandering and flips upside down leaving me motion sick within a minute. I have updated the BIOS, installed the latest firmware for the X570 motherboard and also the PNY 3090 GPU. Windows 10 is also updated. I have also tried every USB port possible with the externally powered 3.1 USB Hub with no success.

At this point, the headset is unusable and I have no idea what to do. I am not sure if it was the GPU upgrade or not but everything began after that.

Also as a side note, Whenever I install new batteries into the controllers, the right one reads around 35% full, and the left one displays around 13% full and gives me warning signs that the battery is nearly empty.  The Batteries I use are not rechargeable, normal IKEA cadmium/mercury 1.5V batteries.

HP support please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi, I was having all the same problems you where and was close to returning the headset. However, HP support went through every troubleshooting item they could and the very last thing we did as they were arranging a return was to manually pair the controllers. So I unpaired them, and then re-paired them manually using the pairing button inside the controller just below the batteries. As soon as that was done all loss of tracking immediately stopped and for the first time since I got them they are now behaving exactly as they should in all my VR games. They are even working right in the cliff top house. So please give that a try. Hope it works for you!

HP Recommended

ps. the unpairing and new paring was done in the HP setup software not in the WMR, just in case you try to do it there!

HP Recommended

Hi@shredware,gthom78, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Reverb G2 to support the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I was having the exact smae issue as you and a few days ago I posted saying how I had got it fixed. Unfortunately the next time I booted up my pc it was back with a vengeance. However I reckon I know what is causing the issue now.  Its the bluetooth on my PC. I was using a Wi-Fi card which also had my Bluetooth receiver on it as well. The card was several years old and as soon as I took it out of my pc and used a new bluetooth dongle all my tracking issues stopped. So I suggest you take a look at what bluetooth you are using on your PC, check how old the Bluetooth version is, and if needed update to a newer version. So far my G2 is now behaving perfectly. Hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.