Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having issues with my left controller as it's not recognized in SteamVR and in WMR it's always showing lost tracking with just the dim lights while the other is bright. In WMR the buttons do works but nothing else.

I have replaced the batteries, re-paired multiple times, uninstalled both SteamVR and WMR to no avail.

When turning on or off the vibration is weak compared to the right controller.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've fixed mine by following below. The calibration cache was corrupt.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/motion-controller-problems

"MOTION CONTROLLER LEDS ARE NOT LIT, BUT THE BUTTONS AND THUMBSTICK STILL WORK IN MIXED REALITY PORTAL

The Motion Controller calibration cache may be corrupt. To delete the cache, run the following command in an Administrator Command Prompt:
rmdir /S /Q C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\MotionController\Calibration
This folder is not accessible in Windows Explorer and can only be modified from an Administrator Command Prompt. After you have deleted the folder, restart your PC and reconnect your motion controllers to restore the calibration files."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I have the same problem but looks like there are no solutions but to contact HP to get a replacement one. It is very disappointing!!!

HP Recommended

I've fixed mine by following below. The calibration cache was corrupt.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/motion-controller-problems

"MOTION CONTROLLER LEDS ARE NOT LIT, BUT THE BUTTONS AND THUMBSTICK STILL WORK IN MIXED REALITY PORTAL

The Motion Controller calibration cache may be corrupt. To delete the cache, run the following command in an Administrator Command Prompt:
rmdir /S /Q C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\MotionController\Calibration
This folder is not accessible in Windows Explorer and can only be modified from an Administrator Command Prompt. After you have deleted the folder, restart your PC and reconnect your motion controllers to restore the calibration files."
HP Recommended

DIdn't seem to help. The controller lights up, the tracking is just all over the place. 

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear that but my issue was never with tracking but with the controller not being recognised.

HP Recommended

Was having the same issue as well as losing tracking in the headset very regularly. Today in the HP set up software I manually unpaired both controllers and then manually paired them both using the pairing button seated just below the batteries inside the controllers. Once that was done all problems disappeared. No more errors and everything is behaving as it should. Please give it a try!

HP Recommended

Hi@mercury68,

Reverb G2 to support the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.