Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased the HP Reverb to use with my flight sims, and it worked perfectly out of the box. However, it now refuses to work, with the screen not activating. Head tracking is working perfectly, as is controller tracking. It is continually resetting my display as well, which flashed black every 10 seconds or so as the Reverb appears to be detected, then loses connection. When it does this, I can see the Reverb detected in WMR, then my monitor flashes black, then the Reverb isn't detected in WMR, then the display flashes black, then the Reverb is detected in WMR, etc, etc, continuously. Even when it's not showing up in WMR, it is shown in Device Manager under the WMR section as HP Reverb VR Headset VR1000-2xxx, and under Universal Serial Bus Devices as HoloLens sensors.

I've tried all of the following, with reboots inbetween:

- plugging into different DP and USB 3.0 ports on my PC

- uninstalling WMR and SteamVR, and then reinstalling

- uninstalling the Reverb drivers via Device Manager

- ensuring my copy of Win10 Pro has the latest update

- uninstalled and reinstalled NVIDIA drivers for my GeForce GTX 2080 Ti

As techie, this feels like a software issue. I have seen multiple people with this issue, and a variety of methods seem to have resolved the issue. Alas, I've tried them all, as you can see above, to no avail.

Would love to get some help on this problem, as the Reverb is absolutely brilliant in DCS.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

By the way, I can see the Reverb detected in WMR, then my monitor flashes black, then the Reverb isn't detected in WMR, then the display flashes black, the Reverb is detected in WMR, etc, etc, continuously. Even when it's not showing up WMR, it is shown in Device Manager under the WMR section as HP Reverb VR Headset VR1000-2xxx, and under Universal Serial Bus Devices as HoloLens sensors),

HP Recommended

Also, I've tried to check the warranty status of my Reverb on the Australian site - I go to https://support.hp.com/au-en then click on Check Warranty Status, and the next page is dead... not exactly reassuring!

https://support.hp.com/au-en/checkwarranty

Here's what it says:

SORRY... HP Customer Support site is temporarily unavailable

Please know our teams are working hard to get everything up and running. We apologize for any inconvenience. Kindly check back later.

In the meantime, you can use our HP Support Communities, or our HP Support Assistant application on your HP PC for assistance.

HP Recommended

@GunSlingerAUS, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Which brand PC are you using?

Have you tried connecting the VR Headset with any other PC and check if it works?

Check for driver updates on the PC

If the issue persists, perform a system restore to a date when it was working fine before.

Refer to this document to know how. (look for restore from a system restore point)

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Which brand PC are you using? PC Case Gear custom gaming build

Have you tried connecting the VR Headset with any other PC and check if it works? I don't have another PC with a DP port.

Check for driver updates on the PC Done for all devices, from gfx card to USB to WMR, etc. No luck wasting hours doing this.

If the issue persists, perform a system restore to a date when it was working fine before. - Did this already.

Refer to this document to know how. (look for restore from a system restore point)

Keep me posted for further assistance.

HP Recommended

@GunSlingerAUS Issues can occur if the host computer does not meet the minimum requirements for the headset or when connecting the headset using a dock or adapter.

If you encounter performance issues with your HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset, please check the following:

• Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements:

• Processor: Intel core i5 6th Gen CPU (or better) or AMD FX-4350 4.2Ghz (or better)

• Graphics solution: NVIDIA GTX 1080 (or better)

• Memory: 8GB DDR RAM

• Available Storage: 10 GB

• USB port: 1 USB 3.0

• Video port: 1 DisplayPort version 1.3

• Make sure your headset is connected directly to a USB 3.0 port and to a DisplayPort (not using adapters, docks, or converters).

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey guys, Quick update - HP sent me a replacement Reverb v2 HMD 2 days after I had an online chat with them. Good news is that it's now detected by my PC, so it was obviously a fault with my first sample. Bad news though - it's got a dead pixel, which is crazily obvious in VR. 

Sigh...

HP Recommended

@GunSlingerAUS I'm glad you've got a replacement product and it works, as for the dead pixel, if you are certain that's on the VR, I suggest you contact HP support again and have that sorted within the replacement warranty of 90days to avoid any issues later.

Good luck and I hope you have a good day, ahead.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.