Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Keyboard 500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I just bought this keyboard today (8/29/2020) and I'm having an issue where my space bar won't register while I am holding any combination of two or more keys in the top left corner - keys 123qweasd - and I'm wondering if this is a hardware issue or if there is a software setting that I'm missing. Apparently the warranty is expired even though I just bought it so hopefully there's a solution in here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In looking into the problem I discovered that the Pavilion 500 keyboard is not a mechanical keyboard as listed on the packaging so I returned it to the retailer I purchased it from and ended up buying a different keyboard. I cannot confirm whether the issue of key ghosting was specific to my purchase or if it is a fault in the entire model, but I can say for sure that although it labels itself as mechanical (and with n-key rollover, which it does not and can not have) it is a membrane keyboard in the end.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@QuantumLeap215 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing an issue with the keyboard.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the keyboard test.

1. Power off the PC and make sure that it is completely powered off.

2. Press the power button and the moment you press the power button immediately start tapping F2 key, you should see the system diagnostics screen.

3. Look for the component test, under that all the hardware will be listed, please choose Keyboard and initiate the quick test.

Note: If it fails it will generate a 24 digits alphanumeric failure id, please capture that.

Please let us know the result.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

In looking into the problem I discovered that the Pavilion 500 keyboard is not a mechanical keyboard as listed on the packaging so I returned it to the retailer I purchased it from and ended up buying a different keyboard. I cannot confirm whether the issue of key ghosting was specific to my purchase or if it is a fault in the entire model, but I can say for sure that although it labels itself as mechanical (and with n-key rollover, which it does not and can not have) it is a membrane keyboard in the end.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.