Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion gaming keyboard 800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought an HP pavilion gaming keyboard 800 and it claims to have customizable LED backlighting, but I was wondering if there was a software for it, and if so, how do I get it?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @yimpy1 

Good question. I see HP has done it again. No instructions to look up online.

It does claim the User Guide came in the box. the profile page says the 4 zone lighting is controlled without software.

I assume the Fn key and F10 through F12 or maybe Fn key and the number keys change the lighting.

Have you tried that?

HP Recommended

The only other software that MIGHT be compatible is the HP Command Center.

Here is the link to try it.  Get HP Command Center - Microsoft Store 

When you install it, you need to also install this file, but only if you have an HP computer... Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store

Then go to Windows updates and force it to check for updates, even if it shows its up to date. Do it a couple of times and reboot each time in installs updates.

Let me know what you find.

HP Recommended

@Photoray002

I just tried that and it does work, mostly, so thank you. There is M1, M2, and M3 on number 1, 2 and 3 which I assume means mode 1, 2 and 3 and that works, but then on number 9 and 0, there is CM1 and CM2, I assume this means custom mode 1 and 2? Any idea on how to set these?

HP Recommended

Like I pointed out, I don't know how to set up the keyboard shortcuts as there is no documentation that I can find.

I had asked you to try the FN key and the numbered keys to see if any of them affecting the lighting, but I still don't know if you tried it because your answer is confusing.

Otherwise I would have to rely on HP to give me an answer to the problem.

HP Recommended

Yes I did try the fn thing and it kind of worked so thanks for that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.